The UK chapter of The International Relief and Friendship Foundation was founded in 1975.
Founded under this principle of "living for the sake of others", IRFF was created for the purpose of providing humanitarian relief to those individuals and families devastated by poverty, illness, natural disasters and conflict. Investing ourselves to help foster peace and development amongst all the family of humankind we believe that all human beings have the right to adequate food, shelter, education and access to medical care.Through extending the hand of friendship we seek to break down barriers between communities, faith groups and cultures by providing assistance to those in need.
The International Relief Friendship Foundation, (IRFF) is dedicated to the purpose of finding practical solutions to the global problems of poverty, suffering and disease while promoting opportunities for long-term sustainable development for communities in need.
- To fund and run projects to enrich the lives of the underprivileged.
- To encourage co-operation between faiths, by working together in service to communities.
- To invest in long-term development of families and communities through health and education projects.
International Relief & Friendship Foundation, (IRFF) seeks a world of ethical action, social justice, self-reliance and opportunity. Our organization hopes to realize this vision by acting as a catalyst for global, social change. IRFF creates opportunities for human development, community welfare and social progress through educational service projects and our holistic programs which promote sustainability, while endorsing the essential principles of compassion and cooperation as the cornerstones of world peace.
- Eradication of HIV/AIDS through provision of values based health education.
- Provision of education for underprivileged children.
- Teach business and agriculture related skills to adults.
- Breaking down barriers between fatihs through a team-building approach to all projects.
- Developing teamwork skills through working with partners.
- Providing a model of living for others, by serving the poorest families in each community.
- Empowering community leaders through teaching life skills.